2012 Mobile barcode promotion demystified!
Eddie Woods, Postal Liaison for SourceLink,
May 09, 2012
The USPS 2012 Mobile Commerce and Personalization Promotion is getting close. Here are some differences from last year’s promotion:
- The promotion runs for two months: from July 1 – August 31.
- You can receive a 2% discount on First-Class Mail® presort & automations letters, cards & flats & Standard Mail® with a two-dimensional (2-D) barcode, such as a QR code.
- The barcode must direct the recipient to a mobile-optimized webpage that allows you to purchase an advertised product or to a personalized webpage tailored to an individual person.
- The promotion requires advanced registration at the USPS Business Customer Gateway.
- Each mailer receiving the discount must have a CRID(Customer Registration ID) and/or Mailer ID.
- All mailings must be submitted electronically.
- Mailings of automation letters or flats must have IMb. Presorted mailings may have POSTNET barcode.
- Participants must agree to participate in a survey conducted during or after the promotion period.
- Metered postage or precancelled stamps are eligible this year.
Registration begins May 1, 2012 for participants (mail service providers will be able to
register upon the June 10th). This promotion was a tremendous hit last year, and a quick and easy way to save 2% on your business mailings. Feel free to contact a member of the SourceLink team and leave your comments below.