Eddie Woods, SourceLink Postal Liaison,
Aug 09, 2012
1) The promotion lasts 2 weeks: from November 7 – November 21, 2012
2) The USPS will offer a 2% upfront discount on First-Class Mail® presort & automations letters, cards & flats & Standard Mail® with a two-dimensional(2-D) barcode
3) Mailers may also qualify for an additional 1% rebate on the postage of qualified mail if 0.5% of orders are fulfilled via Priority Mail between November 9 and December 31, 2012
4) The mailing must direct the recipient to a mobile optimized shopping website that allows you to purchase an advertised product. The sale of services will not qualify.
5) Some or all of the product(s) advertised in the mailpiece must be available for purchase on a mobile device
6) Participation requires advanced registration at USPS Business Customer Gateway
7) Each mailer receiving discount must have a CRID (Customer Registration ID) and/or Mailer ID
8) Mailings must be submitted electronically
9) Mailings of automation letters or flats must have IMb. Presorted mailings may have POSTNET barcode
10) Participants must agree to participate in a survey conducted during or after the promotion period.
11) Metered postage or precancelled stamps are eligible
12) The mailpiece must also contain text near the barcode or image providing guidance to the consumer to scan the barcode or image and/or information about the landing page.
13) Registration begins September 15, 2012
For the purposes of this promotion, a product is defined as a tangible and physical item that needs to be distributed or manufactured and can be shipped via a mailing or shipping product offered by the Postal Service (delivery by the Postal Service is not required). The product may have an intangible service component built into it, but the sale of a service alone will not qualify.
For other program details please see Holiday Mobile Shopping Promotion Program Requirements or https://ribbs.usps.gov/index.cfm?page=mobilebarcode.