The Mobile Barcode Holiday Promotion is RIGHT Around the Corner
Eddie Woods, Postal Liaison for SourceLink,
Oct 09, 2012
The USPS 2012 Holiday Shopping Promotion is getting close. Here are the highlights for this promotion:
- The promotion runs for two weeks: from November 7 – November 21.
- You can receive a 2% upfront discount on First-Class Mail® presort & automations letters, cards & flats & Standard Mail® with a two-dimensional (2-D) barcode, such as a QR code.
- The barcode must direct the recipient to a mobile-optimized shopping website that enables the purchase of a product.
- Mailers may also qualify for an additional 1percent rebate on the postage of their qualifying mailings if a 0.5% of their orders are fulfilled via Priority Mail® with Delivery Confirmation between November 9, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
- The promotion requires advanced registration at the USPS Business Customer Gateway by participant or Mail Service Provider.
- Each mailer receiving the discount must have a CRID(Customer Registration ID) and/or Mailer ID.
- All mailings must be submitted electronically.
- Mailings of automation letters or flats must have IMb.
- Metered postage, pre-cancelled stamps and some metered mail are eligible this year.
- Registration period is from November 7, 2012 – November 21, 2012.
- The mailpiece must contain text near the barcode or image providing guidance to the consumer to scan the barcode or image and/or information about the landing page.
This promotion was a tremendous hit last year, and a quick and easy way to save 2% on your business mailings. Feel free to contact a member of the SourceLink team and leave your comments below.