2014 is almost here, and the USPS has a variety of promotions right around the corner. Here is an overarching summary and the dates. Stay tuned to the SourceLink blog for details and implementations strategies as we near the dates of each promotion.
From the USPS:
Mobile Technology Promotions
These promotions will build upon previous promotions and continue our strategy of
encouraging mailers to integrate direct mail with mobile technology using best practices in
- Branded Color-Mobile Technology: February 1- March 31
- Emerging Technology Featuring NFC Promotion: August 1- September 30
- Mail Drives Mobile Commerce: November 1- December 31
Technology Drives Relevance
These promotions leverage the value of innovative direct mail techniques that are less widely used, but have been shown to increase the effectiveness of mail campaigns.
- Color Print in First-Class Mail Transactions Promotion: August 1- December 31
- Mail and Digital Personalization Promotion: May 1- June 30
Leverage Value of First Class Mail
These promotions are intended to slow the declining volume trends for First-Class Mail®. As technology continues to disrupt the mail volume, the Postal Service will ensure reply mail, transactional mail, and First-Class Mail advertising remain a relevant part of the First-Class Mail marketing mix.
- Premium Advertising Promotion: April 1- June 30
- Earned Value Reply Mail: April 1- June 30