Distributed execution through technology…
With today’s digital and production technology providing endless opportunities for variability and personalization, keeping brand consistency and even regulatory compliance has become a unique challenge. This is particularly true when your product or service is offered by way of captive or non-captive agents, franchises, dealers and re-sellers.
These “representatives” want and need corporate marketing support in their efforts to grow their revenue. Corporate Marketing wants to help reps and needs to contribute to sales growth.
A solution to this growing concern just might be to commission a “Marketing Services Portal” (MSP). An MSP provides an on-line, self-served, centralized location that reps can access to gain or perform advanced marketing functions in a controlled environment. Benefits to this marketing platform include:
- Performing multi-channel direct marketing campaigns. Reps can choose channels, customize a communication based on pre-approved choices and select qualified leads.
- Customized collateral material. Reps may upload headshots, logos, or maps to be included on co-branded brochures.
- Educational content. Reps can now have access to unlimited videos, presentations, sell sheets, etc..
At the same time, corporate Marketing departments now have the ability to:
- Design effective multi-channel marketing campaigns. Design templates to ensure control over regulatory statements, brand images and text while also providing modeled, targeted data selection criteria.
- Design effective co-branded advertising material. Build a template using your existing collateral material, but allow rep customization for co-branding or other variability.
- Organize and push information. When designed correctly, the portal is an internal marketing avenue as much as it is a self serve tool for the reps. The platform offers a centralized home to communicate to your reps regularly.
- Be more productive while managing costs. Instead of spending time re-inventing the wheel for each rep, focus your time on producing creative solutions and programs that can be rolled out en-mass.
Portals sound great, so how do I go about building one?
It is critical to choose the right partner to build your Marketing Services Portal. Almost all DM Agencies will offer this type of portal or something similar, but not all agencies have the complete service offerings (design, data, delivery) to produce and support the portal in-house.
While supporting all aspects of the portal in-house is not a pre-requisite to success, choosing a provider who does will cut down on complexity, build time, and eliminate unnecessary risks with partner integration.
In the current business environment, doing less with more is proving to be more important than ever before. Selecting and implementing the right tools, making best use of the limited resources available, and staying ahead of the competitive curve will define our successes.
To learn more about marketing services portals, please visit www.Sourcelink.com