Five Reasons Why Landing Pages Matter in Financial Services Marketing
We can all agree that increased customer acquisition is a core goal of marketing in Financial Services. With more and more lenders moving towards online applications and lending, the importance of the landing page can’t be understated. To give a little bit more context, think of the landing page as “standalone web page distinct from your main website that has been designed for a single, focused objective.” That objective is generating new leads and customers. But how can lenders make a landing page as effective as possible?
- Make sure your page is mobile ready. In the consumer finance industry, we see the majority of organic and paid search website traffic come from mobile devices. Having a page that is mobile responsive or designed for mobile is the first step in increasing conversions and reducing barriers to entry for new loans.
- Use different landing pages for different channels. Paid search, display advertising, and organic search visitors should be treated differently. Social versus email visitors often look and act differently. This is all to say there is no “one size fits all” approach to landing pages, and that’s a good thing! Each channel has different opportunities for personalization and follow-up opportunities. Harnessing these opportunities leads to increased revenue.
- Keep the customer at the center of your marketing. When talking to your customers, your institution is not the hero of the story. Your customer is the hero. How you help them be the hero is how you acquire their business. Be customer focused not brand focused. Landing pages show them how they can be the hero.
- Utilize dynamic marketing opportunities. Did you know that you can cater landing page keywords based on the context of the search that got them there? You can boost conversion rates by dynamically updating the copy on your paid search landing page. Plus, when you do this, Google rewards you with a higher quality score for relevance, and it is actually cheaper to serve your ad!
- Emotional impact goes a long way. There is a direct connection between emotions and your revenue. I like to say, "Good decisions are made on the deliberation of evidence that satisfies both hemispheres of the brain." If you can satisfy the logical right brain with information regarding practical concerns like success rates and APRs and balance your messaging with testimonials, case studies, and reviews, you are setting yourself up for success.
There is a lot that goes into a great landing page, so hopefully these tips will get you rolling in the right direction for your next lending campaign!
Do you want to learn more about these tips and additional marketing tactics to help your business grow? Click on the contact us button and let's talk about your company's marketing strategy.