Manage and Track Mail with MultiTrac
Do you know where your mail is?
If you can’t say, “yes” with full confidence, you’re missing out on important informed visibility into the mailstream.
Knowing exactly where your mail is and when it hits homes helps you make smarter business decisions.
- Delayed statements/invoices mean delayed payment. If you know that customers received invoices late, you can better anticipate incoming payments and eliminate unnecessary customer service calls – and the associated expenses.
- Planning for the unexpected. Some delays can’t be helped; however, if you can anticipate mail delays due to weather or other events, you may have time to reroute mail, extend deadlines or make other communication decisions.
- Reducing returned mail. Without an automated way to ensure address data is current, you risk wasting money on returned mail—money that could have been spent more wisely on other customer and prospect communications.
- Timing multiple marketing touchpoints. If you are a large-volume mailer, knowing when customers received your mailings—whether for a sale, store opening or other important announcement—allows you to time other marketing touchpoints.
Mail Tracking services that put mail tracking data at your fingertips
MultiTrac® offers a convenient, accurate dashboard that provides information to make business decisions for:
- post-mailing analysis
- coordinating multi-channel efforts
- providing customer service support
- monitoring logistics
- tracking inbound customer payments
MultiTrac gives you the insight to be an educated mailer.